If you enjoy telling great stories via film then maybe we got something for you! The Black Chick Group is looking for a Volunteer Video Editor/Videographer to work with our team on the Traveling Black Chicks Blog and other projects.
About the Blog:
Well have a look through by clicking here unless of course you are here already lol. If it’s still not clear what our goal is then try this:
The Traveling Black Chicks Blog was started about 3 years ago with a view to document the travel adventures (both internal and external) of Black Women. Our vision is to document and celebrate the journeys of black women traversing the paths of their lives in every manner-be it physical (plane, train, automobile) mental or emotional. It’s simple really their life journeys inspires and affects our world in a positive way. We also sometimes go out on great adventures ourselves and we enjoy sharing those stories! We intend that the blog is motivational, informative, fun and exciting for our readers.
Position: Video Editor/Videographer: We are seeking a volunteer Video editor to help us tell the adventures of remarkable Black Chicks.
- Your focus will be 65% editing and 35% Videography (Focus will be heavily on editing)
- You would be editing anywhere from 1 to 3 videos a week. Further projects will be discussed
- You will work mainly from your own space for editing (specifics can be discussed)
- When needed, travel out on shoots (Mostly GTA for now)
- Edit all Video footage for blog
- Be Camera person when required for video shoots
Requirements. The Must Haves:
- Creative with Minimum 1 year experience in Video Editing/ Videography
- Proficient in video editing software e.g Final Cut Pro, Vegas or any other great software
- Solid knowledge of video shooting techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (no that’s not a mistake 😉
- Ability to work with detail
- Ability to and love of travel would be a definite asset!
- Familiarity with Social Media and WordPress blog sites an asset
- Knowledge of or Access to a great video camera and video shooting tools
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to laugh at yourself goes a long way 😀
- You being Local to the Toronto, Canada GTA would be ideal!
How to Apply: Please send us a resume along with a link to your work to email@example.com or via the Contact page on this blog.
- Skills batter (our skills for yours if there is an easy exchange)
- Perks like access to events; gift certificates for products etc. where possible.
- Can also go towards Co-op Hours if required
- Letters of recommendation or testimonials to help you attain future work
Length of Initial term: 3 months to start after which we can both see if we like working together. If all’s good then we keep pushing from there. (we promise, you won’t be an intern forever)
- Enhance/ keep up your editing skills
- Build your portfolio/ profile
- Help share the stories of some remarkable women
- Be a part of growing , fun energetic team
- Excellent Reference for future positions
- Be Inspired
P.S. just in case…You don`t gotta be black or a chick you just gotta have the skills!
Hoping to hear from you soon!
the Traveling Black Chicks!